CRITERIA FOR EACH CATEGORY
- JUNIOR – 24 years old and under (BORN AFTER 1ST JANUARY 1994)
- MASTERS – 40 years old and over on the day of the competition
- SUPERMASTERS – 50 years old and over on the day of the competition
- FIRST TIMERS – Must be the First Time they have competed in a Bodybuilding or Fitness Competition.
- NOVICE – Must never have placed in the Top 3 of any Bodybuilding or Fitness Competition.
- MEN’S PHYSIQUE – Maximum weight = ( Height – 100 ) + 10%
(Example: athlete 178cm tall. His max weight is ( 178 – 100 ) + 10% = 78 – MAX WEIGHT = 85.8kg
- CLASSIC BODYBUILDING (1 Class) – Maximum weight = ( Height – 100 ) + 5%
(Example: athlete 172cm tall. His max weight is ( 172 – 100 ) = 72 + 5% = 75,6kg – MAX WEIGHT=75,6kg)
- BODYBUILDING SHORT – up to 170 cm
- BODYBUILDING MEDIUM – up to 175 cm
- BODYBUILDING TALL – over 175 cm
- MISS MODEL (BEAUTY)
- MISS BIKINI – Open Class
- MISS BIKINI O35 – 35 years old and over on the day of the competition.
- MISS SHAPE – Open Class
- MISS FITNESS – Open Class
- MISS BODY – Open Class
HOW TO DECIDE WHICH IS THE RIGHT CATEGORY FOR YOU.
APPLICABLE TO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES: MISS MODEL – MISS BIKINI – MISS SHAPE – MISS FITNESS – MISS BODY
The athlete must choose the category she thinks is best for her. Before the beginning of the competition, the technical committee will decide if the athlete’s choice is aligned with the judging criteria and, if necessary, will move athletes from one category to another. This is necessary to make the athletes fit in the correct category, preventing people to compete in the wrong environment.
Athletes in the categories MENS PHYSIQUE – MISS MODEL – MISS BIKINI – MISS SHAPE, are not required to perform a posing routine.
The Battle of Bedford prohibits the use of any tanning cream or colouring that cover the athlete’s skin and are dirty.
The ONLY colouring allowed are self-tanning products like Pro-tan and Jan tana, Black Magic or similar products.
Instant Tanning Creams such as Dream Tan and Pannatta are strictly prohibited and the use of them WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
T-WALKING for the categories: MENS PHYSIQUE – FEMALE MODEL – BIKINI (see picture).
During this round the athlete starts walking in the position corresponding to the star. Go to the centre of the back stage (place 1). From there go to the centre of the stage (place 2) stop, perform two poses to the public, then turn left and walk to the end of the stage (place 3), stop. Perform two poses to the public and then go to the other end of the stage (place 4), perform a final two poses to the public and then return to the starting point.